A Dawn of Heroes offers a way of changing the appearance of your character using ‘skins’. In vanilla NWN and in ADOH, you have many ways of changing a character’s appearance (e.g. hair color, tattoo) but a skin radically alters the look. There are many skins to choose from to suit your personal taste; from humanoids, undead, animals, monsters, demons, to specific characters and even a gelatinous blob.
How to purchase a Custom Skin: #
- Skins can be purchased with the in-game currency Skin Tokens.
- You can test all available skins for free in our super Test zone!
- In the real Nordock world, you have to head to Mulrok Island, and from there enter the Skin Shop.
How to get Skin Tokens: #
- For all the skins and combinations available in the shop, you can decide to farm your way into a specific skin by simply playing the game and acquiring in-game tokens, which are naturally acquired by looting or by completing dungeons and quests.
- You can also donate to receive a specific amount of Skin Tokens on our new official donations shop.
Skin Size #
- For each skin available in the shop, you are able to select which category size you want for that skin (you can have each skin as Small, Medium or Large). The skin category size can affect the attack bonus, armor class and which weapons can be wielded.
- For each skin available in the shop, you are also able to select a resize percentage, from a bit smaller, to a bit bigger (the real % will vary based on the standard size of each single appearance). This small re-size is totally cosmetic.
How much to Skins cost? #
Each skin has an individual default cost. The cost in Skin Tokens for a skin with its default creature category size is shown in its description.
The cost in Skin Tokens for a skin with a custom category size is 100 times the default cost for normal skins, and twice the default cost for skins which have a default cost higher than 500 Skin Tokens (a.k.a. donors skins).
- Example1: Human skin, medium (default) category size – costs 500 Skin Tokens.
- If you want that same skin with a Small or Large category size, it will cost 50.000 Skin Tokens (100x default price).
- Example 2: Aribeth Evil skin, medium (default) category size – costs 10,000 Skin Tokens.
- If you want that same skin with a Small or Large category size, it will cost 20.000 Skin Tokens (2x default price).
The resize option, no matter which you pick (slightly smaller or slightly bigger), won’t affect the price of a skin, only the category size does.
How to Apply or Remove Skins #
- When you purchase a skin, you will receive a Skin Item in your inventory, that contains the specific skin data. You can store or trade your skin items at will.
- To apply the skin stored in a Skin Item, simply use that item on the desired character (the old appearance will be replaced by the new one). Some items may be moved from being equipped to your inventory during this process.
- You can remove a custom skin you have purchased without losing it.
- With your Player Menu you can remove a custom skin you are using and the system will generate a Skin Item which contains the custom skin data.
- On a Complete Character Re-roll, if a Custom Skin is found, the system will ask you to remove and store the custom skin item before proceeding.