BOUNTY HUNTERS’ GUILD UPDATE:
An update to the Bounty Hunters’ Guild in Benzor including:
- 7 new quests revolving around killing various dungeon bosses of both pre- and post-lvl 21 dungeons
NEW LOW LEVEL DUNGEONS FAST PORTALS:
- 2 new BRILLIANT items, and portals that take you to various dungeon entrances (bypassing any potential leveling zones preceding it)
- Initially available portals are to 4 under-visited pre-lvl 21 dungeons (which have 4 respective quests to complete) as well as 3 less-visited post-lvl 21 dungeons.
- Upon completing the 4 quests tied to pre-epic dungeons, the player will unlock the ability to use portals directly to the SH Orc Boss, BS Lizard Boss, and Misty Island Rak Boss
NEW BRILLIANT ITEMS:
- Added new BRILLIANT and non-BRILLIANT options for throwing weapons as well as some additional sling options to help cover the lack of ATS options for these weapons.
- They can be found either in the bar merchant in the WEST BENZOR SLUMS BUILDING (i.e. in the Ebony Mask Hideout) as well as from the Grandmaster in the Bounty Hunters’ Guild.
CORRUPTED VENGEFUL ITEMS CORRECTION:
During a migration happened some months ago (around March this year), some vengeful items got corrupted and have lost their special property. The main problem in this case is the items also lost any info about what that property was.
- To workaround this, a new migration will find those corrupted items, and will replace them with a new item in which a new vengeful property will be rolled. The new property will be completely random, so most likely it won’t be the same property you had before.
- As compensation and apology, each item affected will award its owner with 5 Boss Tokens.
DEATH & RESS SYSTEM ADJUSTMENTS:
Several changes have been made to the Death & Ress system in ADOH.
This changes aim at making this world a little bit more new player friendly, giving more time to a new comer to learn our mechanics, without punishing them too hard in the first levels, but also to give more options to experienced and high level players + some QoL improvements.
- Fugue Guardian default self resurrection (XP only) penalty changed: the penalty scales with the character level. Check for the complete scaling on our website. (no XP penalty to self resurrection up to level 4 included, then scaling, adding 1% each 4 levels).
- Fugue Guardian Gold self resurrection gold scaling changed: it will take 3% of XP + 10k gold per character level
- Added new Fugue Guardian Boss Token self resurrection option: 2% XP and 1 Boss Token each 2 character levels.
- Added new Fugue Guardian Boss Token self resurrection option: 1% XP and 1 Boss Token each 1 character level.
- Completely removed Soul Fragment as a penalty for self resurrection.
Balm of True Resurrection rework:
More classes can use the balm: Cleric from level 15, Paladin from level 21, Druid from level 40.
- Balm of True Resurrection now has unlimited uses per day. You will only need to carry one of them with your character, ever.
- Balm of True Resurrection base cost has been increased, but it won’t be too much for when a character reaches the minimum level required to use them (i.e. a Cleric reaching level 15).
- Each use of Balm of True Resurrection will require a donation in gold to perform the ritual (either the Balm is used against a corpse, or to resurrect a soul without corpse). Each use of the balm costs 10k Gold.
- Existing Balms of True Resurrection on your vaults/characters have been converted to this new item. You are free to sell those you don’t need anymore.
Also about Death & Ress changes:
- Improved Fugue Guardian conversation, to always show, for each option, the XP cost, Gold Cost, Boss Tokens cost, and showing them again before confirming that is the option you want to take.
- Improved Balm and Temple resurrection no corpse conversation, to always show the penalty and costs for that resurrection for each character in the Fugue Plane.
- If a character dies while into a dungeon and while the Free Resurrection event is active, it will still be sent to fugue, allowing party members to resurrect its corpse with a balm and have it back into the fight quickly.
- If you talk to the Fugue Guardian while a Free Resurrection event is active, you will receive a Free Resurrection and will be ported to your faction temple at no costs.
VENGEFUL COSTS ADJUSTED:
Since the Loot System upgrade happened in March this year, we have introduced new costs to vengeful items. As always, finding a proper balance at first is almost impossible.
We have let it run for a few months to see what people reaction would be, and based on that we are making the following corrections:
- 5 Boss Tokens to vengeful a Nordock Item
- 25 Boss Tokens to vengeful a Socketable Item
- 250 Boss Tokens to vengeful a normal item with 4 copies
- 500 Boss Tokens to vengeful a normal item with 2 copies
- Fixed loot system in dungeons not considering placeables when checking for vengeful rolls
- Fixed chest script applying a random treasure value even to chests with specific quest requirements (potentially making that chest inaccessible to low level characters)
- Fixed Unique creature bonus spells being dispellable
- Adjusted AOE damage on ground radius size, trying to better fit the warning glyph