Items Management: #
In our system, all (*check below) equipped items will merge on the poly-morphed creature:
- If no weapon is found, gloves are merged (if the weapon is found and bracers are equipped, properties from bracers are merged too)
- Off hand weapon damage properties are never merged, everything else is. If you have a Shield on your off-hand, those properties are merged too.
- If the character is wearing a ranged weapon, its related ammo slot is taken and merged into the shifted creature weapons only if that ammunition is flagged as being unlimited (NOTE: ammo created from the “Unlimited Ammo” property on a ranged weapon are NEVER merged)
- AC from different items is merged, but only the highest value is kept. It will count as Armor AC.
- Bonus from items about abilities, skills, saves, do stack up to their caps.
- Our shapes do not provide any HP bonus.
- You cannot level up while shape shifted.
- Each shape will have at least 1 active special ability to use (check below for details)
Additional Settings: #
- Monk abilities are disabled while you are shape shifted. You won’t benefit from monk custom AB scaling, AC bonus, speed, etc.
- Each shape will get an additional Deflection AC bonus upon shifting (check the sheet below for more info). The AC is based on the polymorph type. Tenser Transformation and Shapechange have their own scaling, check Spells Changes for more info.
- When a character reaches level 30 in the Shifter class, shifter related shapes will get improved, also the shifter gets 1 addition attack per round.
- All shapes get additional AB and Deflection AC bonus if the character has Spell Focus Transmutation feats: +1 for Spell Focus, +2 for Greater Spell Focus, +4 for Epic Spell Focus. For pure shifters, Spell Focus gives +2, Greater Spell Focus gives +4 (a pure shifter cannot take Epic Spell Focus).
Final note: #
This is a completely custom system made by us, which emulates the base game polymorph system behavior, but where we have full control of the code being used.
Having full code control comes with a few downsides:
- It is not possible, for now, to quickslot in the base game quickslot bar any special ability, you will have to use the custom NUI window to cast your shape abilities manually.
- It is not possible, for now, to assign a keyboard button to any of the custom NUI special abilities buttons.
Check here for our custom shapes statistics