Partying up is strongly encouraged and A Dawn of Heroes uses the following logic for party play:
- Maximum 6 characters per party (NPCs such as summons or henchmen are not included). If a party has more than 6 characters, the XP received is cut down to 30%.
- A character alone (in a party of 1) will get 100% XP from killing any creature.
- A party of 2 or 3 characters will get 70% XP each from killing any creature.
- A party above 3 will get an extra 5% for each additional party member, up to 85% XP each at 6 members.
- Maximum level between the highest party member compared to the lowest can’t be higher than: 8. For example, a level 40 character cannot travel with a level 1 character as the level difference is greater than 8.
- The difference between the highest party member and the party level average can’t be higher than: 4.5. For example, 3 level 1 characters cannot travel with a level 9 character because the highest level (9) is more than 4.5 points above the average (3).
Note: in many areas, monsters scale with party size and average party level. Therefore, a large party will spawn more monsters with higher Challenge Ratings (CR) and get more XP than a smaller party.
Use your Player Menu to check if your current party is GOOD or BAD.