For most races, resting in A Dawn of Heroes requires food.
- To rest you need some food, you can either buy food (check for liquid food) or carve it out from dead animals. Once looted, food will be instantly deleted and added to your character food rations item. You’ll find the “Food Rations” item in your inventory, that will store food for you without having to fill your inventory spaces with dozens of food ration stacks.
- You can use that item to check your current amount of Food Rations available, destroy some if desired, or even give to another player. (see Food Rations item on your inventory for more info).
Rest Limits: #
- You can rest in game once every 24 hours (48 min).
- If you have a Bedroll, that time becomes every 4 hours (8 min). This is done so that casters do not just cast all their spells, rest for 30 seconds and then rinse and repeat. If you lose the bedroll, just buy another one. You can find it in any temple.
- Quitting and re-logging does not reset this timer.
Wandering Creatures: #
- If you rest outside a safe zone (outside of cities, or in dungeons, or in wild areas, etc), you and your party can be ambushed by local monsters.
- When this happens, you are warned and suddenly awaken.
- Resting inside an inn is allowed at any time (the default cooldown does not apply).
- To rest inside of an inn, you have to rent a room from the inn master. Once rented, the room will be available to you for 24 in-game hours (48 real time minutes).