Type of feat: class (given based on class levels)
Specifics: Bards are able to sing a song that can bolster their allies. Deafened creatures are not affected by the bard’s singing. The song affects all allies within 30 feet and lasts for 10 rounds. The higher the bard’s final perform skill and class level, the better the bard song.
Bard Song Progression #
Bard Song Notes #
- This feat may be used once per bard level per day.
- A bard song cannot be started while silenced, nor will it affect silenced creatures.
- Depending on the power of the song, a bard song can provide bonuses to attack rolls, damage rolls, each type of saving throw (fortitude, reflex, and will), armor class (AC, specifically a dodge bonus), and skills. It can also provide temporary hit points (THP).
- The damage bonus is listed on the character sheet as bludgeoning. However the actual damage is the type of the weapon wielded.
- This feat has no effect on characters currently influenced by a bard song (excluding curse songs). A bard should be aware of this if starting a new song before an old one expires.
- The feat lingering song increases the duration by 5 rounds (15 rounds total). The feat lasting inspiration increases the duration 10 times (100 rounds total). They stack, but lasting inspiration is applied first; so, with both feats, the duration is 105 rounds.
- Other feats that may be of interest to someone using bard song include extra music and curse song.
- This ability can be used while polymorphed.
- The bonus to attack provided by this ability counts towards the +20 attack bonus cap.
- The bonus to saving throws provided by this ability counts towards the +20 saving throw bonus cap.
- The bonus to skills provided by this ability counts towards the +50 skill bonus cap.
- The perform skill required for the highest levels of bard song is unattainable without magic items.